“The strength of your judgment is the only enemy you have.”
– Yogi Bhajan (master of Kundalini Yoga)
Does any of this sound familiar?
I should be doing this. I should have said or done that. I should be somewhere else in my life. I should be making more money. I should be with someone else. I should be happy right now. I should have another job. I should be skinny. I should……fill in the blank.
These shoulds are judgments and have no place on the Spiritual Journey. When we are in judgment, we are not accepting ourselves and this can be very damaging to our pure essence. All shoulds only come from the mind and ego not from the pure being which is you.
This is at the root of why we judge others – we are only projecting how we feel about ourselves on to others.
5 Ways to Bring Acceptance Into Your Life Right Now.
1. Explore your unique should – it often means you are seeking approval from an outside source such as a parent, authority figure or your community. Start to seek approval only from your higher consciousness. This is your life – stop living someone else’s dream.
2. Learn to accept yourself – warts and all. There are 7 billion humans on the planet and only one of you. It would be boring if we were all the same. ‘Be You’ is the only thing that will work in the Aquarian Age.
3. Accept everything that is going on in your life right now as perfect. Stop resisting what is – there is no good or bad – it is thinking that makes it so. This alone will free a lot of creative energy for you to manifest.
4. Start to look at yourself and the world through the light of your soul. Appreciate your uniqueness and remembering you are a spiritual being having human experiences. Begin practicing loving yourself unconditionally in every moment.
5. Practice the Kundalini Yoga Meditation to Conquer Self-Animosity
(as little as 3 minutes)